How to create a website? Step-by-step instructions. Pros and cons of the different ways of a website creation
How much does it cost for you to build a website in 2019? Let's break it down in more detail.
||1-10 Pages||11-30 Pages||31+ Pages|
$500 - 10,000
$1,000 - 12,000
$1,000 - 25,000
$100 - 10,000
$1,000 - 10,000
$1,000 - 14,000
$500 - 10,000
$1,000 - 10,000
$1,000 - 14,000
In short, the cost of a website ranges from $0 to $25,000.
1. How to create a completely free website?
There are many different services that allow you to create a "free website". Here are just some of them:
- Wix, Weebly, Jimbo
You can create an absolutely free website with free hosting and domain. If your website is a blog, an information website or even an online store, then it is quite possible to create it using these services.
Pros of the free website creation
For what reason or in what case do you need to create a free website?
- Complete lack of budget for website creation
Cons of the free website creation
- A second-level domain. Your domain will be like this yourwebsite.wix.com for example
- The website creation system will show advertisements on your website
- All work on creating a website you need to do yourself
If your budget is very limited - start with a simple one - with a free website creation on a free second-level domain. Start posting information about your business, your services, your successes. By doing so you will be better prepared to create a professional website. Quite a lot of successful projects that I know were made in this way. Later you can redirect traffic to your professional website. But if you have a little more time and a small budget, then start right away with the second option of website creation.
2. How to build a website if your budget is limited?
The cost of a website creation is the $6-25/first year
For a small fee, say, $3 per month and $3 for the first year of domain registration you will get a ready-made website. You can build it using one of the content management systems. Here are some of these:
- Expression Engine
Step-by-step instructions for creating a limited budget website
- Go to the hosting provider website such as GoDaddy.com
- Choose and register a domain for your website, MyCoolBusiness.com for example
- Rent a hosting for your website and install a CMS such as WordPress following the hoster instructions
- Add your awesome texts, images, and videos to your new website, place whatever you want to. This is the most important step of your website creation
Pros of the limited budget website creation
- Website on your own domain
- Powerful content management system. The possibility of further development of the site for your needs
- Low cost, you can get a website for only $5 - 30/month investment plus $5 - 50/first year
Cons of the limited budget website creation
- It takes time to understand how the content management system works and how to work with it
- If you need professional development of the website - you will need to find a specialist who works with this particular CMS
The sooner you register a domain and place information about your business on it, the better. Domain and information about your business will be indexed by search engines such as Google and Yahoo. Your website will be more mature in the eyes of search engines. It can increase the position of your website in search results, which helps to promote your business in the future.
3. How much does it cost to build a professional website?
Website design costs for small business
With a professional website, even broader horizons and opportunities open up to you as a small business owner. Unlike the website created on one of the CMS, you can develop a completely brand new service and achieve what you canât do by creating websites using a template. The cost of such a website is $2,225 - 25,000 for you. A website created in this way will satisfy your thirst in order to create something fundamentally new. It is possible if such a website will bring you revenue and return on investment (ROI) - 90% or even more. It much depends on your patience and perseverance.
Learn more about how much does it cost to build a professional website - use our website cost calculator.
Pros of the professional website creation
- Almost unlimited possibilities, the opportunity to realize probably any stunning ideas
Cons of the professional website creation
- The cost of creating a website is slightly higher
- It takes patience and perseverance to achieve the desired result
Other possible costs of the creation for maintaining the website
- Client training - $55 - 250/hr
- Website Maintenance (after launch) - $50 - 175/hr. ($50-500 Monthly Retainer)
- Website Hosting - $5 - 30/month
- Website Domain - $5 - 50/year
Do you have an idea on how to make the life of your clients more comfortable with your new website or mobile application? This can bring you more loyal customers and clients. Do you think your stunning idea will change our world or your country at least? If so then the professional website creation is for you. It doesn't matter if your budget is limited at this time. Start planning your future project now.
At first, start creating the requirements for your project. Write a few of the most important things you are expecting from your new website. Describe how do you view the goal of your project. Collect all text, graphics, and video content you think helps to make your project done. Planning is the most important thing that leads to your website success. Just start by writing couple bullets that describe your future project.
Do you still have questions about how to create your website? Please, feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing more about your ideas from you, to bring them to life. Take time to write few words about what do you think about this article.
* Some information about pricing is from the Graphical Artists Guil Handbook, Pricing & Ethical Guidelines - Fifteenth Edition